Today I’m feeling a little bit scattered. It’s one of those days where you have SO much to do (mainly around the house), that when you walk into a room to put something away, you pick up something new in said room that needs to be taken care of, and then in the next room as well, and so on, until you can’t even remember which room you were originally cleaning up. Some might call this ADD, and some might just think that I must have a really messy house. Either way, I’m feeling distracted, so I thought I’d share some random thoughts that don’t add up to a story (well maybe they would if I was more focused!). But anyways, here ya go!
- Finn told me the other day that he didn’t want to do yoga with me because he doesn’t sweat when he does yoga, like I do, and he wants to sweat like me. (Score 1 for mom!)
- While beginning our 8 hour drive to the Denver Airport on Wednesday, we were discussing just how far the drive was going to be, and how long it was going to take. (Ya know, comparing it to watching 5 movies or 32 episodes of Sponge Bob…). Liam then said, “You could just run there, Mom. And you’d have fun and you probably wouldn’t even get tired!” (Thank goodness he didn’t see me on my 7 mile run in the mountains a few days prior to that when I thought I might die from lack of oxygen!)
- Tonight while walking down the driveway, Finn grabbed my hand and said, “Let’s run! It’s so much more fun to run!” and we ran together hand in hand. I pray that his enthusiasm never fades!
- I get to test running shoes for Runner’s World magazine, which means I get a brand new free pair of shoes every 3 months. Sa-weet!! However, I really want to buy a new pair of shoes! HA! Okay, that’s more of a confession than a story, but I really want to go to the store and pick out the perfect pair instead of just getting the ones they give me to test. My husband doesn’t think that’s necessary. Neither does my closet…
- And another confession…or two…I haven’t been back to yoga class yet because my vacation schedule has been so full. AND, I have forgotten what day it was about 15 times in the last 10 days. And I have no idea what today’s date is.
- Which leads me to the next big problem, I haven’t looked at my training schedule in a week! Maybe that’s why I’m feeling so scattered!
It looks like the moral of this story is that I am a little out of balance from having too much vacation. It’s hard to get back on track after being out of town and out of a schedule and routine. It’s time to get back on track.