Sometimes it takes a long time to really get to know yourself. Looking back over some of my blog posts, I’m noticing that I really don’t like change. This simple fact about me is making this week quite difficult. Moving out of my first home that I ever owned as a married woman, and where I brought home two babies, is proving to be a test that I am not sure I’m passing with flying colors.
And, as it would turn out, my eldest son is handling it about as well as his mother. He can’t wait until his couch and the family TV are in the new house so that he can have his “spot” back. And he needs the table right next to his spot, just like it is now, so that he has a place for his water.
It’s funny how we want all the new things, but we also want so many things to stay just the same. Unfortunately, most times you can’t have it both ways. You want to go for an early run, but you also want to sleep in. You want to eat whatever you want, but you want to lose weight. You want to have a better yard, but you want to keep your same house. Sorry folks, it’s not going to work out that way! (I am really talking to myself right now, but I figure it will benefit everyone. Ha!)
So to help me feel better about moving, I have compiled a list of reasons why everyone should move to a new house at some point during their adult years. Here ya go…
- You get to declutter and get rid of TONS of junk that you don’t need!
- Everything gets organized and put away how it should be
- There is a new place for everything and everything has a place!
- You get to take a trip down memory lane as you look through old pictures and memorabilia from years ago
- You get to exercise WHILE you are working instead of taking time out of your day to do it
And now, for those of you feeling less inclined to ever move, here is a list of reasons why no one should ever move!
- You HAVE to declutter and get rid of TONS of stuff
- Everything has to get organized and put away how it should be
- There is a NEW place for everything, and you have to find it
- You will spend way too much time taking trips down memory lane as you look through old pictures and memorabilia from years ago
- You HAVE to exercise while you work, and there will be no time for taking time out of your day to do it
In the end, I realize that I can’t have my cake and eat it too. So I will continue packing, sorting, moving, unpacking, and sorting some more. If you don’t change something, nothing will change.